Wednesday 1 July 2009

Things that make me Smile

I saw this today and thought it was genius ... sometimes something turns your eye and has you laughing while reaching for the phone to take a photo!

I'm not a very religious person, but I loved this. Good for them to come up with an original idea, that gets people taking.




Now I know to most people this won't make you smile, but to me, who seems to spend my life wiring precious bits and bobs, it is a good mornings work! It gave me time to think, and a much needed rest from all the hassles going on at the moment.



These buttons are so gorgeous, big glass sparklers... a rare find. It always amazes me that I can still find buttons that I haven't seen before... people sure did love a different button back in the day... do any of your new items have such glorious buttons?



This was our Sunday... sat with a intoxicating smell of these roses...divine...I smiled a lot...memories of a childhood swimming pool were floating through my mind...the heat.. the fun...and the roses that surrounded it.


They were as big as dinner plates, I wanted to take them all home and fill my flat with the scent and memories, but that would be unfair for the next happy visitor to the heavenly scented rose spot.

I also wanted to say a big THANK YOU to my lovely blogger friends, who's kind words, comments, and emails have made me smile. They really have cheered a little Magpie up!

1 comment:

Kay said...

..days of summer...laughter by the pool...talking to statues...Don Henley...bbq's in the orchard ..family and friends...such a special place in time...the memories have nearly made me weep...xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...