Friday 4 February 2011

Dreaming of Holland

{an old man collecting fire wood in the snow}

The last time we where in Holland was for Sinterklaas which was a first for me, and we enjoyed ourselves  so much in the snow and festive fun. But there is always the moment when we have to come home.....


....In a way I look forward to this, not because I have had enough, or miss home....but because at Schiphol Airport there is a mini art gallery.....It normally has around 15 stunning pictures from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. A true delight for delayed or tired traveler....or just a happy little Magpie and Wonderful Dutchman who need to fill time waiting for their plane.


The painting of the lady was my favorite. she was holding a huge feather and wearing the most breathtaking ring.... I didn't take a note of the painter or the subject, I was too captured by her to pay the little box of writing any attention.


I also adore these paintings where you can see a slice of Dutch life....a maid peeling potatoes for dinner....birds in the courtyard swooping low....while a caged bird looks on.


Colour, perspective, and detail are all so wonderfully Dutch....and their Paintings always make my heart sing with joy and happiness.

I wish you all a wonderfully joyous weekend 
xxx

1 comment:

Bernard said...

Thanks for this blog ppost

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...