Friday 28 March 2008

Vintage Magpie at The London Olympia

Last month me and my Mum packed up her trusty volvo and headed for London to seek a stand at the National Wedding Show.... Nervous? Never!!

Months of discussions about what colours, fabrics, and what the feel of the stand should be was all worthwhile. We managed to make it look beautiful in record speed.... it's all in the planning don't you know! For girls who like to fly by the seat of their pants we did a wonderful job.


The National Wedding show is a three day event, the first day is really for the press. Well all I can say is that I think they liked me!! I had many a magazine editors business cards in my diary at the end of the day, and had also been filmed for sky TV.... now I tried to get my Mum to appear on telly, but she wasnt having any of it!! So little me faced the camera crew on her own... bouquets shaking all the way.


But the best of all was a compliment from one of John Galliano's catwalk designers, who loved my stand and said "wow so beautiful and on trend, very John Galliano's Autumn catwalk" .... he also loved my work and thought remaking something old into something new was a wonderful idea.... the HUGE smile didn't come off my face all day!


But the show was a great success for VM and I'm being kept busy with all the lovely bouquets I have to make for my wonderful brides who have been inspired by my work. Which to be honest is the greatest feeling in the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...